22nd Annual Show – “The Wonderful World of Plastics”
The North Carolina State Button Society held its 22nd annual show May 13 – 14 at the Burlington Ramada. Show theme was “The Wonderful World of Plastics”. 2nd year at the Ramada and the staff was very accommodating and made the show all the more easy to manage.
Show Highlights Included:
- The educational display showing various Plastic button items and talking to their uses was beautiful and amazing! Brightly colored and creatively displayed the viewer was sure to walk away with a greater appreciation for these buttons.
- On Friday night June Chapman gave a fascinating overview of Synthetic Polymer Buttons, Section 12. She shared specific details regarding hot needle testing and what you should be seeing and smelling for.
- The Silent Auction offered a myriad of buttons, books and button related items. Thank you dealers and members for your donations.
- We had a great year in tray competition! Thank you if you were one of the participants who entered a tray!
- Our four beautiful Raffle Baskets were a big hit, as always. Plastic buttons could be found in every basket along with books, button collecting supplies, button frames, chocolates, and wine, just to name of few of the items found in many a basket.
Our grateful thanks to these members who made our terrific show happen:
Show Chair: Cathy Buresch
Welcome Sign: Joy Childress
Publicity: June Chapman
Registration: Gillian Bostick, Ann Abarno, and Joy Childress
Educational Display: Pat Howard, June Chapman, Susan Reding and the Western and Central Button Clubs
Tray Check-In: Mary Mason
Judges & Clerks: Helen Vance, Gillian Bostick, Kevin Kinne, Mary Mason, Virginia Parsons, Corey Iungerich and Cathy Buresch
Dealers: Kevin and Marilyn Kinne, Russa Milburn, Pat Howard, June Chapman and Melanie Cramer
We welcome your feedback about what you did or didn’t like about this year’s show, or what you think would improve the show. Please reply to this email with your suggestions.
SHOW IN 2017? We are uncertain at this time if we are going to have a state show. Stay tuned to this website to find out any further show information.
Best Wishes to All and Happy Buttoning!